The murder of trade unionist Chea Vichea
Our work to advocate an impartial and independent investigation into the killing of trade unionist Chea Vichea has taken several approaches. We have had information stands at the Kathe Kollwitz Platz weekend market and at the annual Locktow kite festival.
- we have produced an information flyer which we can hand out to the public;
- we have written numerous letters to various Cambodian government officials asking that the case to be reinvestigated and the prisoners be released;
- we have written letters to local members of parliament here in Berlin asking for their support;
- we have produced a letter which has been sent to sympathetic lawyers asking them to sign it and send it to the Cambodian authorities;
- we have asked the travel book publishers "Lonely Planet" for their support;
- we have asked The Commissioner for Human Rights of the Council of Europe, Thomas Hammarberg, for his support, which he has pledged;
- we are now in the process of trying to get the trade unions here in Germany involved.